2.09.2009

Cookie Recipe...

Okay...so I've had a few requests for this yummy chocolate cookie recipe from my friend Lorraine...so check it out below. And here are a few ideas of how I've decorated my cookies the last few times...





Lorraine's Chocolate Cookies:
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup unsalted butter (soft)
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg room temperature

Whisk dry ingredients together. In a separate mixer - cream butter, sugar, vanilla and egg. Incorporate dry ingredients in small amounts with mixer running. Mix thoroughly. Chill dough in refrigerator. Roll out dough to desired thickness and use cookie cutter to create shapes. Bake at 350 for around 11 minutes. (I prefer to under-bake mine just a touch...)

For the frosting (this is the yummy trick to these cookies!):
1 bag of white chocolate chips
Peppermint extract

Melt chocolate chips in 30 second increments in the microwave until melted. Add peppermint extract to taste (and food coloring if desired). Frost and decorate! The melted chocolate pipes-out nicely!

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Kim Shirley said...

Yum, I can't wait to make these. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I love those cute little baby buggies.

Auntie Ann said...

I know from personal experience that these are delish!

Full House said...

Those look so good. I'm glad I stopped by because I am so going to make these. The sheep ones are just darling. I came from Lacey Bells blog...I think you designed her blog banner.

Cute blog.

Christina

Amber P said...

Heather!!! Those little lamb cookies!! So cute- totally copy catting those on my next day off!!