1.29.2010


Disney is doing a really cool promotion called Give a Day Get a Day to inspire over 1 million people to volunteer for an organization...and in return you get a free one-day ticket to Disneyland. love it. It was so easy too...log on to their website and search for a volunteer opportunity in your area. Then you contact that organization...they will get in touch with you and give you the details for your service. You then create an account on the website and register...just follow all the steps. There are lots of opportunities to choose from and they add more opportunities each day if your area is full.

I found the perfect one for our family...it was putting together hygiene (and other types) of kits for the local Community Food Bank. We went shopping and got all the necessary items and then put them together for our family night activity. Stella (who is demanding to wear socks on her hands lately - she calls them her ice-skating gloves?) loved helping. She helped daddy put all the items in the bags. We then boxed them all up and dropped them off at the place we had volunteered.
In addition we did Valentine kits (the food bank sent us a list of things they needed...everything from Hygiene kits to Holiday kits....) We bought Mickey Valentines, candy, stickers and some other fun things for the holiday. Stella was very interested.
Then about a week later the network sent us an email saying we had completed our service and Disney sent us a link for our voucher for a free day at the parks. Can't wait. A great way to get out and do a little something for others...and get something fun in return. Now my goal is to keep doing things to help out around the community...so go sign up...

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I keep telling Rob we should do that. I'm all about giving a little and getting a little too!

Brittany said...

That's awesome! I've heard about that but I guess I assumed that you needed to build a house for a needy family or something huge. Thanks for the insight. Also, CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so excited about your new addition! Looks like you're doing fabulously as always!