9.07.2010

Fall in the air...

Yesterday Jim's parents came over for a Labor-Day BBQ...for dessert I had all these lovely nectarines so I made this Rustic Nectarine Tart. I served it with some sweetened greek yogurt and a little dollop of nutella. So delish...and super easy because you just use puff pastry. Oh and I used Turbinado sugar around the edges...I like the way the chunky sugar looks and the extra crunch it has. so yummy.
Yesterday I also made 4 batches of peach freezer jam and froze some fresh peaches (just sprinkle on some Fruit Fresh before you freeze it in the ziploc). I love me some peaches that is for sure...

We went to the farmers market Saturday and came back with all these beauties...
I also love freezing fresh corn...and it is soooo easy. You just cook it and cut it off the cob and then freeze it in a ziploc bag. Oh - and one little trick with the ziploc is to shut it almost all the way - but then put your mouth over the open part of the bag and suck out the excess air...then hurry and seal it up. Then you'll enjoy fresh corn all winter!

Fall is by far my favorite season...love, love, love it!

1 comment:

Jewels said...

Oh, how I wish I had a kitchen to do all those fun cooking things!! And I LOVE Fall, by far my favorite season. Looks like you're going to have yummy treats to enjoy until Spring!