2.10.2012

Book Club at my house..

Candles and roses...sugar cookies...shirley temples...
The book we read this time was The Tiger's Wife by Tea Obreht. I liked the individual stories (almost folk tales) that were woven in the overall story. Very interesting stories on how people change over time...it all is determined by the paths we choose to take. I know I was missing a lot politically because I am not familiar with the area...a very good writer I would say. I did have to speed-read in two days (the library waiting-list was long and I'm a big believer of not buying a book unless I love it) so I'm not sure I am the perfect critic here. Read the NY Times review here
I'm not sure how I ever got so lucky to have such amazing girlfriends. Seriously...I am one lucky lady. For reals...



For food I served a spinach salad with strawberries, blueberries and cashew clusters...a veggie tray...and then chick-fil-a baybee!!! Their party trays are the best and everyone loved it last year so why change it? It was a hit...you just order the party tray and then follow the directions to re-heat in the oven. Very random I know...but soooo good.

For dessert I served Hagermann's sugar cookies...cinnamon bear popcorn recipe here...and coconut almond fudge. Holy sugar-buzz.
Shirley Temples are a must for any valentine-ish party because of the pretty red color. Just pour ginger ale over ice, add a splash of Rose's grenadine, throw-in a cherry and a pretty vintage straw (I think these straws were my grandmother's! I was saving them for the perfect occasion) and you have the perfect party drink for any guest of any age...
See last year's book club I hosted here




1 comment:

Unknown said...

this is gorgeous! maybe someday i'll be a hostess as cute as you :)