2.13.2012

Last-Minute Valentine Idea

 Looking for a quick, inexpensive Valentine idea? We did these for Stella's preschool class. She loved helping with the goldfish and then stamping her name on the front. (I've also seen something similar that is very cute on Pinterest with Swedish Fish - I'll add the link)

Anyway...I have two versions available for you to print out. One is a black-and-white version (shown above) that you can simply print out and mount to any color/pattern of cardstock...I used a turquoise color. The second version is in color and is one valentine per page. (My color printer was out of ink this morning so we went with the black-and-white version - such is life!)

Here are the two versions:


For the colored version that is one complete valentine per page click here

Get the black and white version that you'll attach to colored cardstock click here






So first fill small cellophane bags with goldfish crackers (I used the rainbow colors - colors come from all-natural dyes...so no worries there)

I used cellophane bags with no-gusseting...just flat bags. I then taped them down on my blue cardstock (or if you are using the colored version you would tape it over the fishbowl with the blue water. So the "water" would be behind the fish).

Then cut out the inside of the fishbowl on either version...
Blue the back of the paper you just cut the fishbowl out...and lay it over the top of your cellophane bags of fish that are mounted to the cardstock.
So easy right?


Get the black and white version that you'll attach to colored cardstock click here

Or for the colored version that is one complete valentine per page click here

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh my goodness, this is the cutest idea ever! I wish my kids were in school...but I added it to Pinterest for later! Oh and I hope to see you at the Blogger Meet Up on the 22nd!
Modern Modest Beauty

Unknown said...

so darn cute!! off to pin it now!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks! And I look forward to meeting you too Jenny!