4.04.2012

What we've been up to...




This past weekend we had a wonderful visit from my parents (in the background). We visited the new City Creek Center in downtown Salt Lake (amazing!) and spent some time letting the kids run-around Temple Square.  It was so beautiful...the blossoms were falling...music was playing...a sanctuary in the city open to any and all! (And yes I'm a Mormon in case you were wondering).




Twice a year we Mormons have a semi-annual General Conference. We listen to messages from the Apostles...it is one of my very favorite weekends of the year.

One of my favorite quotes from conference can be found HERE on a printable card...
President Uctdorf said this:
"When it comes to: hating, gossiping, ignoring, ridiculing, holding grudges, wanting to cause harm...stop it." Simple and well-said. I love it. He is a wonderful speaker...watch him give this particular talk here...

For dessert while we watched (in Utah and a few other states it is broadcast on television...in other areas you can watch/listen/read it online here) I made this black bean cake (it has normal un-healthy frosting) but you CAN NOT tell the cake has black beans in it...just makes it a flourless cake...also uses no processed sugar (you use honey instead)...


My parents stayed at Little America (I grew-up staying there a lot when we used to travel to Salt Lake so it has a VERY special place in my heart!)

We also visited the Grand America...they have the best toy shop called JouJou

And they also have the cutest bakery La Bonne Vie that sells the best French macarons...
And I'd like to introduce the newest superhero in Stella's collection...this is "Thomas the Train, Molar Man Rainbow girl"...

(above) We had the pleasure in our local church of having an Apostle from the LDS Church come and speak to our group of LDS Youth. Elder Russell M. Nelson and his wife did an amazing job. I'm the Young Women Stake (that just means regional) President for our Stake (area) and I love what I get to volunteer to do.


This little one begs to wear her brother pajamas...she is hilarious...

One night for family night we played impromptu bowling with water bottles and a soccer ball...it worked surprisingly well...



My vintage milkglass bowl I use for my candle...I'm loving the lilac scented candle right now at Bath and Body Works...wait until they are 2 for $20 and get some! My maternal Grandma Margery had the most lovely lilac bushes that grew near her screened-in porch. Love, love, love the scent.

Playing at the mall...one of our first outing after we were all feeling better!


How cute are my parents?!? It was so nice having them in town...


Goodnight from these two crazy kids in their new neon goggles!

3 comments:

Jewels said...

Oh, how I love Utah in the Spring. And Conference was SO great, wasn't it? Amazing. You're children are darling and now I want some chocolate cake...love you :)

Kimmie said...

Hey chickie! I miss you! You are AMAZING! How do you do everything you do? You make me feel lazy!
You have a gorgeous family! Luv you, Kimbo (Dulaney)

whitney♥lee said...

Stelly's hair is so long! I hope we can come and see you soon! You have such a beautiful little family and I love all of your photos! Love and miss you.