
Okay...so I typically try not to think too much about things my brain and heart can't comprehend. But after watching Oprah today on her show about child predators/molesters on the internet. I was sickened. They are making and trading child pornography like baseball cards. I'm not going to say anymore about it...it seriously makes me crazy and heartsick.
But here is the good part....YOU CAN HELP! These forces that catch these monsters are in desperate need of funding. They have a new software to help track these people...but need the forces to catch them! Email your congressman (PLEASE...take a minute to help these defenseless children!) and help get BILL 1738 The Protect our Children Act passed!
We have seen the power of the blogging community lately...just take a minute and copy and paste the email below and send it to your senator! I often feel politically helpless in my state...but go and do this...it literally takes a second!
Find your senator here and then click on the WEBFORM...send an email and get this act passed!
copy and paste this for you email:
Dear Senator:
I know that you believe, like I do, that we must do everything possible to protect children from sexual predators. That is why I am asking for your help.
Last year alone, U.S. law enforcement identified over 300,000 criminals who were trafficking in movies and pictures of young children being raped and tortured. Experts say that one in every three of these criminals has local child victims. Child pornography trafficking over the Internet has given us a trail of evidence that leads straight to their doorsteps, but the vast majority of these children will never be rescued because investigators are overwhelmed, outnumbered and underfunded.
As your constituent, I urge you to do everything in your power to pass the PROTECT Our Children Act (S. 1738, Biden-Hatch). This bipartisan legislation passed the House 415-2, but it is now the victim of petty partisan politics. Now that we know where these children are and how to protect them, there is no excuse for the Senate to fail to take action this session.
(Your name here)
You are doing a great thing! Thanks



1 comment:
Oh my gosh! I saw the show yesterday and was absolutely stunned. I don't even have words. I sent a letter to both senators because I have never been so affected by a show like I was by that. Absolutely discusting.... I couldn't help but think about the power of a mother's voice, or that of millions of mothers' voices. Hopefully it will pass.
Post a Comment