
We have been able to check another project off our list...now that the large desk that once occupied the corner of Stella's room is gone, we have finished it all up for our little smooch.

The table/chairs and the toybins were actually Stella's birthday present. I just haven't posted it yet because I needed to get the rest of everything finished.

This is the before/after shot of the table. If anyone is interested I can post a tutorial on how to turn this IKEA table and chairs into something a bit more special...complete with soft cushioned seat.

I found these frames at a thrift store...and just added a shiny new coat of paint. I printed off these silhouette images and framed them...done and done.

This took a bit longer...I created this ABC poster (below) from scratch. A few of the images are vintage, but I created the rest. I then printed the poster and I'm really happy with how it turned out. It is formatted perfectly for this IKEA frame. I think I'll make them available for sell in my
etsy shop if anyone is interested.

I love the little dutch boy and girl print on the wall...it was my Grandmothers (my mom's mother)...I love having a bit of something that reminds me of her in Stella's room.
This is the opposite corner of Stella's room...we just need to add the curtains and then we will really be done!
I found these adorable antique animals at a local thrift store. I'm hoping to keep adding to the collection because I'm a bit obsessed with them now.
These little bear-bookends were mine when I was a little girl. I added a fresh coat of paint and they found a new home with Stella's books.
She seems to be enjoying the new space! I'm so happy this project is all done! Although the different pieces have been a work in process for some time...it feels so nice to have it all come together.
7 comments:
TOO CUTE Heather Jo! I love it all! Ok, you need to call me...we REALLY need to chat! We are hoping to see you guys when we are out there at Christmas...
I LOVE it! Of course I love it, are you surprised? I love the color, too cute. I have that frame from Ikea, how much would you charge for the poster? You should make some for the Girl Friday party!
Oooh, I and would LOVE to hear how you fancied up the table and chairs...
Looks really good Rita! I like the colors you used.
Okay, seriously ~ you make it all look so cute and easy!! You are very talented!! I love it :)
Marni
I am always so awed by your creative deco genius. Jim's office looks great too! I am so glad there are gifted people like you in the world! :)
You guys are amazing! Seriously!
wow! so impressive! i love all the colors you chose. great job!
Post a Comment