
Well we had a bit of a crazy weekend...that is for sure. Stella has had a cold and on Friday her breathing was a little weezy...nothing too crazy but a bit tight. I thought we'd get ahead of it so Jim and I took her in to the Kidscare clinic. Well she was so mad about having to do breathing treatments and take medicine and all that so she had been crying and crying. Her oxygen levels went a little bit low...and the Dr. freaked...yelled out call 911...was shaking Stella to try and get her to wake-up...and before we knew it we were in the ambulance to Primary Children's hospital. not fun.

Stella thought it was so cool to ride in the ambulance which she called the "fire truck"! The paramedics were so great...they totally calmed me down and said that Stella was fine (I'd always rather be on the side of caution, but the dr. I think really freaked-out when maybe it wasn't the best reaction...and Stella was just worn-out and tired from all the crying. Scared us to death!) We stayed there for about 4 hours while they monitored her and made sure she was good. She was back to herself in no time and was telling all the Dr.'s and Nurses "hello" and "hola" over and over. She has a fancy little breathing mask in case she needs it, but is doing great. With all this (we've had to take Stella to Primary's many times before due to her heart)
we are once again so grateful for a healthy little girl. And I can't tell you how my heart goes out to parents who deal with sick children on a regular basis...believe me I've been praying for those parents all weekend and expressing my gratitude. So hard and scary to see your child sick. Sometimes these things remind us what is really important. Be grateful for your blessings...I know we are! Lots of love...
10 comments:
how scary. so happy to hear that everything turned out alright. but what an ordeal - wow.
what a nightmare! I am so sorry but so glad she's doing better.
Holy Cow! Yeah, I'd say the Dr. could've handled it a little differently! Sad! Glad she's okay! I didn't know she has heart issues!?!
What in the world?! Scary adventure to say the least! That pic of Stella going into the ambulance breaks my heart! SO glad for the happy ending!
Yikes. We had an ambulance ride when Addie was about 18 months only she was strapped to a board papoose type thing. Not fun. Glad Stella is ok!
oh my, how scary! glad all is well with your little cutie!
Yikes, how scary!! I'm so glad she's ok! Cole was really sick when he was just a few months old and we had to take him in to do all these breathing tests...not my favorite day. He also hated that little mask, the poor dears! I hope she gets well soon and hurrah for healthy babies!
Oh I am so sorry! I'm so glad she is doing better! She is SO STINKIN cute! Primary's is AWESOME! We're so lucky to have such an amazing hospital so close! Hope all is well and you are winding down from a crazy weekend! LOVE YOU :)
I'm so glad Stella is ok! Ellie had to do the same breathing treatment last year and was good about doing it, sweet Stella.
We are so glad she is okay! But honestly, watching her in the ambulance is somewhat funny....she just looks so cute sitting in her carseat on the stretcher! It's only funny because she is okay and healthy! We love you Smoochie :)
Post a Comment