4.09.2010

Last night...



...I sat here contemplating the last few moments of my 20's...Yes today I have officially entered a new decade! I'm now a 30 year old woman...



I sat and thought and for some reason (which really surprised me) I felt a little blue...so I started working on one of my digital memory books and looked over some photos of my past...

I got to thinking about all of done in 30 years...and it made me feel so blessed, so proud and very fulfilled.

In 30 years I have:

Been raised in a WONDERFUL FAMILY...and had lots of adventures with them....(I'm the baby of the family...)

Sucked my thumb for 8 of my now 30 years...




Had some really UGLY hairstyles...a few very UGLY/AWKWARD stages...and a phase where I wore a lot of flourescent green...and I mean a lot...(fortunately I have no photographic evidence of this)



Had the best girl friends in high-school...loved them then...love them still...



Was in a pagent....I'm really airing all my secrets today...oh and I was a lot skinnier then too...



Was a ballroom dancer...and yes those are rhinestones in my part...please don't ask...or judge...



Lived in London for a season...

Traveled to many incredible places:

England, Scotland, France, Italy (twice - once with my hubby), Amsterdam, Germany, Belgium, Hong Kong, China, Mexico, Hawaii and all around the USA...
(traveling is my favorite thing ever!)
Yeah I know...nice bleached hair...


Graduated from college (BYU) with a degree in English Lit...this was just about 1 week before we got married...

Met my prince charming...who also happens to be my best friend!

Still have a WONDERFUL family...and picked-up some additional incredible family members when I married my sweetie...


Get to have wonderful, memorable adventures with said prince charming and best friend....



In 2007 I became a mommy...my greatest achievement to date...




And this morning when my little Stella said "Happy Birthday to you, Mama" my heart almost melted into a puddle.



I look down at my big...getter bigger by the moment belly and think that...

30 feels real good...

10 comments:

Morgan@LittleHouseofVeggies said...

This is the cutest post EVER. Looks like you have had quite an awesome life! You actually make me WANT to be thirty! I found this post inspiring! It makes me want to do so many more things. How have you been so lucky to travel to so many amazing places. (traveling is my fav too.)

Happy 30! I hope you have the best birthday.

Morgan@LittleHouseofVeggies said...

This is HEATHER TANNER btw... I was helping my sister but a search gadget on her blog, and didn't sign out yet. Whoops!

sarah marie. said...

happy birthday heather! i loved reading this post..

Stacey, Allyn and Kaleb said...

Well I say... 30 looks good on you! Congrats and happy day!

Abe and Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Heather!! That was an awesome post!! You have done a heck of lot of things in the last 30 years!

Anonymous said...

I LOVED this post....so fun to read and even fun to look at the pictures of us in younger years (with horrible hair)!!! ha ha And moms mittens still crack me up. Garrett saw that picture and said, "Why is your mom wearing oven mits? Is it to protect her hands from the curling iron she was using to curl all of that hair to make it so big?" :)
We sure did have an amazing childhood and although your scratched my arms to pieces at times (I have the scars to prove it) I still love you to death and am so proud you are my sister! You are a wonderful mom and wife and everyone who knows you, is blessed to have you in their lives!
We love you and wish you many, many more happy birthdays!

Krystal said...

You have done so much in your first 30 years. You have a cute family. Thank you for always being positive. I am blessed to know you.
Happy belated birthday!

Heidi Wilcox said...

I LOVED your pics!!! You make 30 look good and like you said there is so much to look forward to with your two little ones.

Anonymous said...

HEATHER!!!!! Happy LATE birthday! Your cute Jimmy called yesterday and let me tell ya it made me and Morgs night!He is Freaking HILARIOUS!!! LOVE HIM and LOVE YOU! We're so excited to hang when you guys get back! I hope you had a fabulous birthday! This was such a fun post to read! I hope your feelin good! LOVE YOU GIRL!!!!!

Courtney said...

Great Post! You are so beautiful! Welcome to the 30's! When did you live in London?! I lived there for a spring semester in 99 and then traveled through Europe that summer!! LOVED it!