7.12.2011

Belated 4th of July post...

We had a lovely vacation down in St. George for the 4th of July Holiday. It was warm...we swam...we baked...we heard a lot about fireworks from my nephews!

I love going to the little city celebrations...sketchy carnival rides, sno-cones etc. - totally perfect for the 4th of July
We made the Martha Stewart fireworks cookies...I made them once at home with my friend Kellie...the kids LOVED decorating them...they thought it was magic.

Walking Pearl and Vaughn in the stroller...he thought it was so funny to have the dog next to him!


Lots of swimming and playing with the cute cousins!

Seeing the great-grandparents...I played with those very same blocks growing-up. It always makes me smile to see my little ones playing with them too!


Hope you all had a lovely 4th of July!


3 comments:

Jewels said...

Fun Holiday! Did you just use a red gumball for the topper on those cupcakes? I have been thinking about you lately, we need to get together! Loves...

G said...

Hi ! I follow your blog and LOVE it ! My friend Stacie Webster told me about you. Love your ideas and your creativity ! One thing I have noticed is the really cute retro straws. Where do you get them from? I really enjoy your posts and look forward to new ones :)

Heather "Rita" said...

Thanks ladies!

Yes - I used gumballs for the toppers.

And thanks "G" for the nice comment! I LOVE Stacie...she is a wonderful friend! You can find the straws on the internet, but they can get expensive...but this link is BY FAR the cheapest I have ever seen! WAAAAYYYY cheaper.

http://www.gygi.com/shop/index.php/decorating/presentation

You can find them in lots of other colors here at this adorable shop online:

http://shopsweetlulu.bigcartel.com/

Have fun partying with your cute new straws!