2.17.2013

Gold Succulents



I love succulents...and I love gold paint so naturally this was a match made in heaven. I bought these plastic succulents from Hobby Lobby for something but didn't end up liking the way they looked so fake so I took a little gold paint to them.


I actually think it would be much easier to just spray paint them...but I had this cheap craft paint at home and was just experimenting with it.

1- Buy any succulents you want. I got mine at Hobby Lobby.
2- I used a spray paint primer to coat them with gray primer. Let it dry.
3- Use craft paint or spray paint to cover you little beauties. It took about 3 coats of craft paint. Let it dry.
4- Blahm. Done.

I'm using them on a bookshelf and a black and gold tray and am going to do more for another area soon. Have fun painting.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is such a great idea!!!