I love me some Disneyland. It is actually something that I think about at least every 2 or 3 days, which I am certain is more than normal. I can't get enough. I think what is most appealing to me is being together with family, acting like kids, the magical atmosphere and all the yummy treats and fun rides! I love Pirates of the Carribean and have yet to see the new addition of Jack Sparrow...I can't wait! I love the little candy store by the Winnie the Pooh ride, a nice fruity dole whip, the fireworks, the shops, the costumes....and the list could go on and on! In fact, I just got a vacation planning DVD in the mail today (just for fun) so I can dream....love it, love it, love it!
I love traveling. It is absolutely my favorite thing ever! Some of the places I have been: London (for a summer), France, Italy, Germany, Belgium, Scotland, the Netherlands, China, Hong Kong, Mexico, Hawaii, Florida, New Orleans, Chicago, and around many of other states. The next trip I want to take is probably back to Europe...that seems to be my favorite destination! We also haven't been to New York...so that is a must! We plan on taking the baby with us everywhere and not letting it change our love of travel too much!
I love reading. I graduated from BYU with a degree in English. So...I like all sorts of books. Everything from the ancient classics like Homer right down to Harry Potter. I like reading books that are challening, but I also like a good mystery or suspense novel. I just finished a book called "The Birth of Venus" which was pretty good...and am now reading Plum Island. Next on my list is "On the Occassion of my Last Afternoon". I like going down to Cedar and borrowing books from my parents and then returning them and choosing more. I also love a nice library and hope to have a big one some day! I have this really cool OLD collection of the complete works of Edgar Allen Poe from my late Grandmother. I've never had them appraised, but they at least look really cool....and I love reading them too.
I watch WAY too much TV. Thank heaven for the technology that got us where we are today: The TIVO! This is a little embarrassing, but here is what we record each week (and keep in mind, Jim is as bad as I am): LOST, Survivor, Heroes, Amazing Race, I Love New York, Apprentice, Dog Whisperer, Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, American Idol, The Hills, The Real World, Martha Stewart, Grease (that one is the hardest for me to admit to...it is SO lame), Deal or No Deal, America's Next Top Model, The Office, The Sopranos (finally an edited version on A&E), OverHaulin, Rides, Top Chef, Top Design, Hogan Knows Best, Miami Ink, Man vs. Wild, Rob & Big, Dance Life, Giada's Weekend Getaways, Surreal Life, Midsummer Murders (on the BBC...I love these British murder mysteries!) Oh - and we started tivoing I Shouldn't be Alive....and I also sneak in The Real Housewives of Orange County once in a while. We are television whores....
So...one might ask "How do you ever find time to watch all these shows each week???" Well my friends, where there is a will there is always a way.
That is all...take it for what it is and try not to judge me too harshly....I'm only human.



3 comments:
I loved this...the tivo was my favorite...and hearing all of the places you have been!
Yay! I loved it all. We need to get together soon and have a girls night...
i'm rolling at all the tv shows but am so glad to see survivor on the list. and is that the actually collection of books in the picture? if so..they look amazing.
Post a Comment