

Looking for a cute idea for a baby shower? Get your craft on and make a custom birthday party hat that will grow with baby throughout the years. Many of you will remember that I made this one (below) for Stella from an idea that my friend Ann had made. Simply buy an existing cardboard birthday hat (or make your own) and cover in felt. Then decorate with your own hand-cut felt items or fancy what-nots from the craft store...it really is easy! Use cute trim and decorative ribbon to customize the look.

Now that the party hat is decorated it is time for the numbers. Cut out (or buy) simple number shapes in different ages...1/2, 1, 2 and so on! This way mommy can have photos of baby as they grow throughout the years!
And now you have a quick, thoughtful and inexpensive gift for the new baby!
4 comments:
That is the cutest thing ever! My daughter will be one on August 30, so that is a must! Thanks!
I am a friend of Jenn Goff's and I have to admit that I peek in on your your blog once in awhile. I LOVE all your darling ideas, you have a great creative talent that I lack! Would you ever sell these? I love it!
cute! i made one for my little guy when he turned one. they are so much fun! too bad he wouldn't wear it at his party...
So stinkin cute! What a great idea! I don't think we know each other and I have no clue who's blog I was on when I saw yours but I am sure glad I did. Your creativity screams from your blog, love the pictures, great editing. Can't wait to check out both yours and of Loe and Lee etsy stores. I am going to have to add them to my page so my friends can see. As for the hat, my daughter is turning one on Sat I will have to make her one!
Post a Comment