8.27.2008

Things have been a bit busy around here! I've been being a mommy, designing blogs, working on Stella's birthday present and also working with Jim (well...Jim is doing most of it!) on a little home renovation project (I'll have before and after photos on that too!) So...I'll post again later when I actually have something to show for our efforts!

In the meantime...this is a really yummy, fresh recipe for Corn, Avocado and Tomato Salad for anyone interested...I got it from my everyday food magazine and just love it! I left the scallions out and used purple onion (mine is above) and the Martha version is below...try it while local, yummy corn is in season! yum.
* 1 ear corn (We cooked and cooled ours...even though the recipe doesn't)
* 2 pints cherry, grape, or pear tomatoes, halved (or quartered if large)
* 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and diced
* 2 scallions, thinly sliced
* 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, such as safflower
* Coarse salt and ground pepper

Directions
1. Stand ear in a large wide bowl; with a sharp knife, carefully slice downward to release the kernels. Discard cob. Add tomatoes, avocado, scallions, lime juice, and oil to bowl. Season with salt and pepper, and toss gently to combine.

2 comments:

meyerstwins.blogspot.com said...

I can't wait to try this recipe! Congrats on 6 years! You 2 are so cute! It was fun to run into your mom and sisters. Im sure they thought I was crazy. Wish I could've seen you. Sounds like things are busy and fun for you. Take care.

Jewels said...

I'm totally going to try this - it sounds delish!