4.23.2009

Dolly Store Doll...

My friend Auntie Ann affectionately calls the Dollar Store the "Dolly Store" (not for the fact that it carries these dolls...it is just a nickname...well I think...I'll ask). Anyway, the dollar store truly became the dolly store the other day when Stella spotted this sad little baby doll in what seemed to be a hospital gown? We took her home but I immediately realized she was in desperate need of a makeover!


A bit of that lace from the DI came in handy for her shirt...I then used leftover fabric for her fancy skirt and some satin ribbon for her belt and headband. I now think she is looking quite lovely...Stella just loves her. This morning when she came downstairs and saw her in her new dress she totally giggled! (But I think she probably loved Hospital Gown Baby equally as well!)

A bit of tulle keeps the skirt nice and fluffed...and even her backside is pretty too!


I think this would be a great idea for a little girls birthday party! Buy a bunch of dolls and let the girls go wild decorating their very own baby...and all for 99cents a head...literally.

1 comment:

Jewels said...

SO cute - look at the high fash doll! Again, my inner monologue says, "Ok, Heather just turned a dollar doll into America's Next Top Model". Love the idea of doing it at a little girls bday party! Hmm, I have boys..