9.01.2009

I love a good before and after...


My baby girl just turned two this past weekend! I can't believe how quickly the time goes! I wanted to do something fun for her birthday so I found this cute vintage rocking horse and gave it a makeover. (Horsie is borrowing Stella's birthday hat in the photo...)

Here is the poor little thing before her makeover...I was so scared of that hair!



A quick pull on the mane and tail was a huge improvement...



Here she is all finished. I added the cushioned fabric seat and used a VERY thick braid of yarn for the mane and tail. (I wanted to avoid the stringy yarn hair that hangs down and gets all tangled...I was going for a cleaner look) I then just hot-glued the mane on. The painted button plugs were the perfect finishing touch.



This was actually a very quick and easy project...the whole thing only cost me $8.00!!! And look how happy Smooch is on her new friend!

No comments: