Okay...so I need a little help! We are taking a trip to Boston next month and I would love some tips from any of you that have been there/lived there/know a good website about Boston etc.!We are staying downtown at the Custom House...so that is the area we will be around. We love shopping (H&M hello!) eating out and all that good stuff. We are planning on the Freedom Trail and some of those basic tourist things...

We will also be visiting Salem for two nights...I LOVE Halloween...so I figure this place in October will be right up our ally...
I've turned my comments back on so please feel free to leave me a comment about where we should visit, eat, shop etc.! Thanks!



8 comments:
I am so sad we missed you guys in August! My sister Jess lives in Boston and she goes to Salem for Halloween every year. She can totally hook you up. Her email is jfavs54@hotmail.com. Too bad we won't be up that way until Thanksgiving, we will have just missed you again! :) Come visit Amish country soon!
Actually if you want to call her text me and I will send you her number, it might be eaiser. Love ya!
A lurker in New England. Don't miss Mike's Pastry in the North End (Italian district)! And don't stand in line like all the tourists. Push your way to the front, and order a hazillion canolli! You won't be disappointed. But bring CASH.
I would also have to recommend Boston Commons and the public gardens if you are taking your little one along. You simply MUST read the children's book "Make Way for Ducklings" and buy a copy before you visit the (little statue) ducks (from the book) in the commons. (Or sneak into the gift shop accrost the street from the gardens at the four seasons to buy your copy). A lovely and very old little classic. I think the swan boats on the pond may close on labor day. But they are a must for little ones as well. I'd be happy to answer any questions or throw out more suggestions if you want to email me. I'm also a huge fan of the cheesy (and touristy) Duck tours. I find the whole experience hilarious. Any time your bus can turn into a boat and float you through half your tour, I'm in!
The Custom House was almost my favorite part of Boston when I went there! What a fun place to stay!
I wasn't there for very long but the freedom walk was awesome and I would love to do one of those duck boat tour thingies next time I'm there! Have SO much fun! And eat lots of delicious lobster!
OOh and Giacomo's(sp?) Italian restaurant was amazing. Totally worth waiting in line for! I wish I had eaten there every day!!
Why oh WHY am I not going with you?? Salem?!?! Heather, you MUST call me while you are there - see? I'm even using CAPS! Oooh, Halloween goodness...you are so lucky.
I have never been to Boston, but I have also heard that Giacomo's is superb and an absolute must! You will have a wonderful time and I will be totally jealous.
WAY FUN! You will have a blast no matter what you do in Boston :) Not sure if you heard... Bunko is on the 17th this month. Get it in your plans! We missed you last month! I'm LOVING your rocking horse... I've GOT to make one for Gracee, she'd love it. Actually, I should really have my creative, crafty friend Heather do it! You are amazing!
See ya soon!
~Jenn
Hey girl. We need to talk. It's been forever. Oh, also you need to email me your private blog too. That's so fun you guys are going to Boston. I want to go to there (hopefully you watch 30Rock) But anyway in Sept issue of Country Living they featured Boston's North End, the Italian neighborhood. Looks like good food and fun little stores. But since I've never been there I'm not sure it's that great. You should look it up, or I have the magazine if you'd like it.
Give me a call. Love ya.
Post a Comment